Google Search

Google

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

visit @ Palakol

Palakol is what the locals of Floridablanca named this stream of water in our hometown. But for the people of Central Luzon, it is the Gumain River. It's just about 15 to 25 mins away from home. I was surprised to see how it looks right now. Considering how badly damaged it was when Mount Pinatubo erupted. It was what the lahar used to spread it's damaging punch across the town. All the while, locals thought that it will no longer be revived. But if there's a way, it will make a way. Was that right? (hahaha)



Roughly about 21 years since I've been here. I was still a kid the last time my family and I spent our summer picnic at this place. It even left a mark on my chin after I stumbled on big stone. Those were the days and you can see the excitement of coming back (hehehe) ...though not anymore interested taking a dip.




I used to remember, the current is strong and it's perfect to soothe you from the heat of the summer. Now, it's no longer that familiar to the generation of today as there are already small but competitive resorts just about in every corner in the town. There used to be a field of boulders here. But it was cleared to give way to the construction of the Subic Clark Tarlac express way (SCTex).




Here you see the Aetas crossing. Going to the next town near the border of Zambales. I admire their endurance walking barefooted under the scorching sun. It's a refreshing way for them taking a dip.




It's so good to be back in this place.Although it was changed by time, it brings the good 'ol memories of my childchood days.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave constructive comments only. :)