I came across this site, followed the steps and it worked like magic. Thanks to Rainbow_Demon for posting it. Credits gooes to him. Everything is appreciated.
1. Go to the acer website and http://support.acer-euro.com/drivers/notebook/as_one_150.html
2. Download the bios update 3309
3. Open the folder and copy two files to a formatted fat usb stick.
4. Rename the file FLASHIT to FLASHIT.EXE and the second file 3309.fd(bios file) to ZG5IA32.FD rename them precisely. Double check spelling is correct.
5. Insert the usb stick into the usb left hand side make sure the charger is plugged in.
6. Hold down keys fn & esc and power up the laptop, when the power led begins to blink release the two buttons and press the power button just once, observe the usb stick flashing indicating it's flashing the bios, please note this can take a few attempts.